SEL for the 21st Century Student
Take a deep dive into the essential competencies of Social-Emotional Learning and its ability to enhance equity for students. Participants will learn the building blocks of SEL to assist in building a personal toolbox of skills that will be instrumental in supporting the development of an annual SEL implementation plan for their professional portfolio.
How can I help develop my students’ emotional IQ by fostering SEL in my classroom?
- I will be able to identify the five SEL Competencies and their impacts, both inside and outside the classroom.
- I will be able to understand how to implement and foster SEL with students.
- I will be able to design an implementation plan to embed SEL strategies in my curriculum.
- 1. Planning and Preparation
- 3. Instruction
- 4. Professional Responsibilities